Exporting a course allows you to save a copy of the course to your device and import it into any Learning Management System (LMS).
The exported course can be assessed offline without an internet connection. Any embedded content (for example YouTube video) won’t be accessible.
Multiple standard export formats are available to you, including SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, and xAPI.
Please note that only Basic, Pro and Enterprise plans allow course exports, while with Free plan you are limited to sharing your course through a web link.
SCORM 1.2 is an older standard, however, it is still widely used in many organizations and is a good option for users who need to export their courses for use in an older LMS.
SCORM 2004 is an updated version of the SCORM standard and provides many additional features and capabilities compared to SCORM 1.2. It supports a more flexible and adaptive approach to learning and provides a richer set of data tracking and reporting capabilities.
SCORM 2004 is the recommended export format for users who must ensure their course is compatible with the latest LMS platforms and want to take advantage of the more advanced features and functionality available in SCORM 2004.
xAPI (Experience API) is a flexible and open standard allowing data tracking and reporting in new and innovative ways. It is an excellent option for users who want to take advantage of the latest developments in the e-learning field and track and report on learning experiences in new and innovative ways.
It is a new and evolving standard for tracking and reporting on learning experiences. Unlike SCORM, which focuses on course-based learning, xAPI tracks learning experiences across a wide range of learning activities and contexts, including online courses, simulations, gamified learning, and more.
Follow these steps to export a course:
- Sign in to your Panomio account.
- Once logged in, find the course you want to export. Hover over the course on your dashboard and click on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the course card
- From the drop-down menu, select "Settings."
- Navigate to the "Export Course" section on the course settings page.
- In the "Export Course" section, select your preferred export format. The available formats include SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, and xAPI.
- After selecting your preferred export format, click the "Export" button.
- Panomio will now process your export request and generate a .zip file containing the entire course. You can save this file to your device by clicking the "Download" button.